KoKeBee Wax Sheet DIY Kit
The Keeper and KoKeBee have collaborated to share a range of their products through our store.
This is a special kit to make your own wax wraps at home. You will receive:
A 50 grams of Pre-blended Beeswax Sheets (aprox 5-7 sheets)
The DIY Instructions
It is not very mouldable or useful when you make the beeswax wrap with only beeswax so KoKeBee’s organic beeswax is pre-blended with organic coconut oil and natural tree resin so that it is flexible and sticky.
You supply your own fabric and you are ready to make as many wraps in a variety of sizes to suit your needs. Each sheet will make a 15cm square wrap, with some leftover. So you should have enough to make a number of wraps of various sizes.
This is the golden recipe which was developed after many trials, all you have to do is melt the pre-blended wax sheet into your fabric. The perfect activity to do with kids.
※ A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Save the bees Australia ※
What is a Wax Wrap
Simply put it is a reusable product that can replace your use of plastic wrap or cling wrap and reduce your plastic use. Made by infusing fabric with beeswax and various oils and resin it should have a tacky feel which allows it it stick onto itself or to bowls and other containers you want to wrap.
The quality and usability of a wax wrap is greatly determined by the formulation of the wax blend used. KoKeBee have spent many months and done many trials to perfect their blend.
Made from organic beeswax, organic coconut oil and tree resin. The antibacterial properties of beeswax and coconut oil help keep food fresh and allow KoKeBee wrap to be used again and again… and most importantly it reduces waste, so is good for our planet.
KoKeBee Wrap is great for wrapping sandwiches, cheeses, lunches, leftovers, salads, snacks on the run and much more.
- Please rinse gently with cold or lukewarm water after use, and let them dry naturally
- Keep away from heat sources (including hot water)
- Do not use in the microwave
- Not ideal to wrap raw fish, raw meat or any greasy foods directly as it cannot be rinsed with hot water
- If your beeswax wraps are looking a little worn out/creased, you can refresh your beeswax wrap by putting in the oven. Place a cooking sheet below and heat up the oven to 100 degrees, leave it for a few minutes to melt the beeswax. This will extend the useful life of the beeswax wraps.
- If you feel that the wax has washed or worn off over time you can buy a wax only pack and add a small amount of fresh wax sheet when you warm it in the oven. You would need about ¼ of a sheet per wrap depending on wear.
- Please gently rinse it through before using for the first time. There is a unique scent of beeswax, but it will fade as you use it