What's In A Name
Our diamond weave material is a resurrection of ancient weaving practices and methods. The lightest 100% cotton weave in the world, the unique diamond weave of these bags has been named partially for the shape of the weave but also because they are a gem of a product.
Fun Fact: the loom we use to weave our Diamond fabric only produces 5 meters of it a day.
This is part of what makes it so premium, this is also why we prize it so much. What do we get from such an intricately slow weave you might ask? Unique flexibility.
- Loose leaf greens, lettuce, spinach, silver beat, green beans, any greens that wilt, for up to 10 days. See instructions below.
- Soft seasonal fruit like peaches, plums, pears, tomatoes, avocados or delicate skinned fruits and vegetables - hang them up in the bag, store in the fridge or fruit bowl.
- Mushrooms and light pricy per kilo items, because the bags are light.
- In the bulk food section for seeds, whole grains, nuts, legumes and also chocolate, dried fruit or other items. Royal or large white Quinoa will stay in the bag but not smaller grains like red quinoa or amaranth. Sunflower seeds are fine but sesame may leak out. Use a muslin bag for fine items.
- They are also great for any fruit and veggies you want to keep in the fridge or fruit bowl because the fabric is stretchy, enabling you to buy lots in a light weight bag.