The Keeper Muslin Weave bags are perfect for root veggies and hardier produce that need more moisture. To keep carrots crunchy: buy in the bag wash in the bag and store in the fridge in the damp bag. Can also be used for bulk seeds, nuts and other goodies.
Muslin Bags are best for buying and storing
- Herbs and leafy items that need moisture to stay fresh. Also root veggies like carrots that prefer a damp environment like the soil they grow in.
- Wet the bag before you pop it in the fridge so it is damp and the herbs or root veggies can use that moisture and not dry out.
- Bulky and heavy fruits and veggies like carrots, apples, oranges, potatoes, pieces of pumpkin, sweet potato or other root veggies.
- The large size is great for big veggies like cauliflower, broccoli and kale.
- The smaller sizes are good for any produce because they are still a decent size to fit a lot of carrots or cucumbers or other produce
- Bulk food shopping for fine items like spices, flours and seeds or any other items you may want.
- You can keep different flours in one large flour bin, one kind each in a muslin bag. Label the bags if you like to keep it organised, and to know when you are out of a particular kind of flour.
- Other uses include: camping, storing children's toys, shoes and travel bags.